Debenhams is Great Britain’s most popular brand of department store, which sells a great range of British and international brands of fashion apparel, home ware and grocery. Thanks to its giant success on the British market, Debenhams decided to expand to Europe, followed by the Asian and North African Market. Today, you can find Debenhams stores in 26 countries operated in franchise. Although Debenhams Singapore is not yet open, it is soon to do so, since the brand’s very first announcement regarding its expansion to the South East Asian market. Let us get to learn about Debenhams and the place it is going to be located in Singapore.
Debenhams is one of the largest historical department store chains in the United Kingdom, next to Harrods and it operates over 165 stores in the area of the United Kingdom alone. Founded in 1816 by William Debenham as a draper store, Debenhams soon has become a major label in the world of department stores and it was the first label in the world that stopped selling any products made of animal fur. The largest Debenhams can be found in London in the Bull Ring that has opened its doors to the public in 2003. The first South East Asian Debenhams opened in Malaysia in Kuala Lumpur and due to bad management, it had to be closed down. Yet, the brand has rearranged its management structuring and the new Debenhams opened its doors to the public within the large Starhill Gallery in Kuala Lumpur in 2012. Until Debenhams Singapore is ready, this is the closest Debenhams Department Store to Singapore.
Let us take a look at the departments of Debenhams, which also stands out of the crowd with selling its own brand for a great affordable price, next to all the other brands it offers.
• Women: Here you can browse among all apparel, shoes and accessories for women for all age group. You can browse among great brands the large majority of which is from the UK.
• Beauty: Browse among the best cosmetics and fragrances at Debenhams. The best known brands include Biotherm, Clinique. Guerlain, Clarins, Chanel, Lancome, L’Occitane, Elizabeth Arden, Estée Lauder among so many others.
• Men: Here you can find a great range of men’s apparel including brands such as Nautica, Fred Perry and sportwear from Nike, Adidas and other leading brands.
• Kids: Here you can find dresses and apparel for babies, toddles, girls, and boys of every age group. In addition, there is a large variety of shoes and accessories to buy for the younger generation.
• Lingerie: No matter you like push-up or sporty lingerie, you can get to find them all at Debenhams, There are various brands sold at Debenhams such as Sloggi, Triumph, Debenham’s own lingerie collection and D by Dita Von Teese.
• Shoes: No matter it is about sporty or elegant shoes, you can find them all at Debenhams. The department store sells over a hundred shoe brands ranging from the very best sports shoes, to the most elegant labels.
• Gift & Toys: With its huge assortment of Lego and its special Early Learning Centre, this department is always full in every Debenhams, with kids and parents who want to play and learn while playing. Great choices of educational toys are sold at Debenhams for each age group.
• Electricals: If you are looking for a new vacuum cleaner, a wash machine or want to check out on the best cameras or smartphones, you better visit the Electricals Department of Debenhams where you can find all the top leading brands from Whirlpool to Samsung.
• Designer Apparel: This is the prêt a porter department of heavily famous British and international designers who work with Debenhams such as Matthew Williamson, Jasper Conran, Betty Jackson, Julian McDonald and several others.
• Wedding: This is for those who prepare to tie the knot in style. Huge ranges of wedding dresses are on offer here in all sorts of styles and colours from various designers.
As planned, the first Debenhams of Singapore will open its doors along the main shopping road of the city, the large Orchard Road. Hopefully, we can expect the opening within the next 6 months. With the recent large renovations of the Heeren and the huge Suntec City shopping malls, it is highly possible, that Debenhams Singapore will be located in one of these.